Propose a Professional Training Course
About the Courses
On Sunday, 6 September, we offer a variety of training courses prior to the opening of the meeting. The courses focus on selecting cutting-edge and general scientific topics of interest. Course attendees do not need to register for the full meeting to attend a training course. There will be a small registration fee for course attendees to help cover costs. We are currently accepting proposals from volunteer instructors.
Professional training courses are either half- or full-day courses. Half-day courses are 4 hours in length and are presented either in the morning (8 a.m.—noon) or afternoon (1—5 p.m.). A full-day course includes 4-hour sessions in both the morning and afternoon, with a lunch break at midday and coffee breaks midmorning and midafternoon.
The following information is requested or *required when proposing a course:
- Course title (maximum 15 words) *
- Course Length (4 or 8 hours) *
- Abstract (200 words maximum) *
- Learning objectives
- Target audience *
- Registration capacity
- Course structure e.g., lectures in the morning followed by hands on training in the afternoon or each topic will be introduced followed by a case study.
- Lead Instructor name, affiliation, email *
- Lead Instructor short bio
- Co-Instructor 1 name, affiliation, email (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 1 short bio (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 2 name, affiliation, email (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 2 short bio (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 3 name, affiliation, email (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 3 short bio (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 4 name, affiliation, email (if needed)
- Co-Instructor 4 short bio (if needed)
- Audio visual requests *
- Additional requests
- Budget and reimbursements (e.g., for printing)
- Other comments
If you have any questions about professional training courses, please contact us.